Saturday, February 19

Transferring my chosen Typeface into illustrator

I have decided to go with the 2nd typeface i created, to develop it further on illustrator.


 At first i was trying out typeface number 3 but i felt typeface number 2 was more successful and less decorative.
 I had to resize each individual letter to 50% of it's original scale.




I resized some letters so that they would fit the flow of the typeface and look like 1 typeface, which also included changing the scale of the O and the S.


Drawing my Guidelines:




Making the layer translucent, changing the opacity and locking the layer to prevent change:


Drawing out my rectangle shapes:






Now onto adding the triangular shapes:


Combining the shapes together to form my modular Type:







I am starting to see a change in my typeface, since i am using triangles with sharp edges instead of my original blunt chopped off tip.



Some letters were complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment