Tuesday, January 10

Hidden Talent

When i asked my father to participate in my Typography project, he gladly accepted.
When i saw his results i was quite surprised, his letter forms were beautiful. I was quite surprised to be honest as my father isn't in the design field, he's a business man. When i told him, he said that ever since he was a child, he would practice writing and that all his teachers loved his handwriting and encouraged him to take classes with a very famous Lebanese Typographer "Sami Makarem", but he never had the chance to. He told me that this summer, he would take me to have lessons.
He then took out papers and a pen and sat and drew out for me my name in different forms. I could see the happiness on his face, he was so comfortable, somehow he was in his element.
Sometimes i wonder why my father ended up doing Business when he has so many hidden talents in design.
I wish i had known earlier, i would have sat and learnt arabic typography from my father.

Below is a rough one he did:


No comments:

Post a Comment